Monday, June 23, 2008

Off to see The Wizard...

I went on a trip last week to the hostel in Golden to check up on the ol' business. No summer visit to the Columbia Valley is complete without a pilgrimage to the Go Organic Sports Ranch in Parson, about 30km south of Golden. Those of you that have been there know that this little gem is a must-see. Those that haven't --- GO!

I called to make a "tee-time" and would golf with the owner, my good friend Infinity Solstice A.K.A. Bright Wizard of Destiny.


I showed up late afternoon, and conditions were perfect. Warm, no bugs, and sunny. I was greeted at the gate by a motley crew:

Jezebel, the largest, shaggiest, most harmless dog in the entire valley. Good times when Infinity combs her...with a garden rake.








Very funny, freindly unnamed feline, whom I will call "Cat"









Some 18-hour-old goats...






And, of course, the most generous host himself, Infinity. I just call him 1/0











The Go Organic Sports Ranch hosts a variety of activities, from clay court tennis (I was very impressed at the quality of the courts - Infinity takes tennis quite seriously), music concerts (Infinity rocks the keyboard), and disc golf. 38 holes of tones, objects, and a couple of sculptues. A very beautiful course, and has a new more reasonable layout.


A few shots:

It's laid out across a valley in the mountains. Lots of elevation changes, shots through lanes of trees, and wide open holes across water. There's even a little creek running ththrough the length of the course, very handy for keeping beverages cool.







Here's a shot of one of the new object holes in the distance.










Putting through a picture frame.













Naturally, there are a few additional hazards to negotiate... like the herd of goats that follow you around. They're a great way to mow the fairways and keep the underbrush clear.

All said and done, I golfed a pretty nice score of -19 on the "new" layout. I aced hole #34 which is the one over the pond, and got an eagle on the next hole. Pretty good to go -4 in two holes. Infinity golfed his best score ever at -14 with a forehand driving style. If you haven't played, give yourself about 3 1/2 hours, and bring bug spray for later in the year.
Can't wait for my next round! If anyone ever wants to go, let me know, I'm in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home