Monday, May 26, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

A perfect title for my day.

The Good: I like plants. I like taking care of them, and enjoy the oxygen they return to me in thanks. So, I bought some hanging strawberry plants when I was helping Mom get her garden annuals. They're on my condo balcony and loving it. And this morning, I was able to pick 4 nice red strawberries and devour them. Nothing like fresh berries - as opposed to those stale, chemical laced, pithy California berries we get up here.

The Bad: I went hiking yesterday with Kim to Elbow Falls and Fullerton Loop in Kananaskis. It was a bit rainy and definatley muddy so upon returning home, it was straight into the washing machine with the hiking pants. All good, save for the fact I left my wallet in my pants. Don't you hate that? Extracting all your soggy receipts / credit cards / cash / etc. Plus, my wallet shrank.

The Ugly: It was movie night last night. We went and saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. WARNING TO THOSE WHO HAVE NOT SEEN IT ---- DO NOT READ FURTHER !! Anyways, I am a huge fan of Harrison Ford and of course the Indiana Jones trilogy. Thus, I was quite excited to see another movie in this series. It has been a while since I had been so anxious to see a movie. It sucked. I don't even know where to start. Was it a comedy? A political drama? An action movie? A long-lost love story? Aaaarrgh. So many cheesy things and terrible one-liners. What is with the reunion with Marion Ravenwood? No mention of her the last 2 movies. And of course Mud HAS to end up being his son. Blaaaa!! Watch for the next movie in the series where we find out that Indy's adopted brother is actually Superman and that his second cousin once removed is Balki Bartokomous. Yes, it's Indiana Jones and the Deadly Bumblebees of Mepos. Now, that Indy is tough. I've seen him survive getting dragged along the rocky desert floor by Nazi troop carrier trucks...I've seen him survive almost getting his heart ripped out some by some crazed Eastern shaman...and even survive being immolated in an oil fire in the sewers of Venice. But, for someone to survive being a couple of miles away from ground zero during a nuclear explosion by jumping into an old fridge? Come on. This scene summed up the entire movie for me ---- a huge bomb.

1 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Bah! What was the temperature there?! It looks like it's still winter

JPS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home